Thursday, August 20, 2015
08:30 AM - 11:45 AM
|Level: ||Technical - Intermediate|
With all of the tools available to today's data architects, Data Warehousing doesn't look like it did 20 years ago. ETL is being transitioned to ELT. SQL implementations are being replaced with NoSQL implementations. Large scale DW appliances are being replaced with consumer grade distributed computing.
In this half day session, attendees will be taken on a journey through the lifecycle of datum as it traverses through the Modern Data Warehouse architecture. This journey will include:
- Data ingestion techniques for streaming and non-streaming data
- ELT processing of raw data using tools such as Pig
- SQL implementations of transformed data
- Integration with reporting and visualization tools
- Backup, archival, and maintenance
- Integration with existing data warehouse technologies to supplement existing solutions
Anyone looking to create a new, or modify an existing Data Warehouse will not want to miss this session.
Joshua Fennessy is an accomplished Solutions Architect specializing in Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics. Well versed in processes of business modelling for analytics, Josh has architected and implemented dozens of solutions for enterprise customers. Josh has a passion for making data more accessible through the use of technology and intelligent systems. When not analyzing, Josh enjoys tinkering in his garage and restoring his Victorian era home in West Michigan.